CURRENT JOB OPENING
*PLEASE NOTE: All LNC positions are currently filled.
You are welcome to submit your cv and cover letter for future opportunities that may arise. Thank you for your interest.
PEDIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER, LEGAL NURSE CONSULTANT
PME Consulting, LLC, is currently seeking an experienced Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) with pediatric intensive care (PICU) experience to join our team. The PNP will be an integral part of case work including research, chart review, and case preparation for deposition and trial testimony. Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC) certification and experience is preferred but we will provide on-the-job training for an otherwise well qualified PNP, while helping you prepare for the certification process through mentorship and financial assistance. Within this role, you will will work with and assist physician experts with case research and preparation.
ABOUT PME CONSULTING, LLC (Pediatric Medical Experts)
PME Consulting, LLC is a leader in the pediatric medico-legal space. Since 1993 we have specialized as pediatric medical experts for attorneys and courts around the nation. PME Consulting provides expert opinions, strategic guidance, and focused expertise on topics that span the pediatric spectrum.
Within the role of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Legal Nurse Consultant, the selected candidate will be expected to do the following.
- Perform extensive medical literature research using all available research tools and resources.
- Obtain, organize, and summarize medical records and all case related documentation.
- Consult with experts and assist in the preparation and writing of case reports.
JOB STATUS: 1099 INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
This is a 1099, remote, independent contractor position. LNC’s are expected to maintain a consistent schedule in a quiet, dedicated workspace with as few distractions as possible. You will be expected to report on your progress via weekly Zoom team meetings.
- Must be a licensed professional nurse in good standing for the state in which you work.
- Must have a Master’s (MSN) or higher degree in nursing.
- Must have at least 10+ years of clinical PICU experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including phone etiquette and email.
- Must be self-motivated and work autonomously both independently and as a team member.
- Must be skilled in review and interpretation of lengthy, complex medical records.
- Must be skilled in precisely identifying problematic areas and sentinel events in the medical chart.
- Must be skilled in creating highly detailed, accurate medical chronologies.
- Must be skilled in prioritization of multiple tasks and possess excellent time management skills.
- Must be skilled in organizing and manipulating electronic files both locally and in the cloud.
- Must be PC literate and proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the button below to submit a cover letter along with your current resume or CV. No phone calls please.